How We Handle Your Personal Data
Your data and privacy are important, and we will handle them securely, fairly and legally at all times. TS Technologies Limited complies fully with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and below we tell you about what data we collect and how we store and use it.
What Information Do We Collect?
We keep all the data that you give us when you sign up with us. These are things like your name, address, email, telephone number etc.
What Information Do We Not Collect?
We do not keep records of the websites you visit or the times and dates you visited them.
Where We Keep Your Data - Security
The security of your personal data is a very major concern for us. We have legal obligations to keep it safe and handle it with care and the penalties for not doing so are very high. We store your personal data securely and it's backed up in two geographically separated locations so that it cannot be lost in the event of a catastrophic failure in our data centres or systems. All data is encrypted in storage.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The GDPR says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason for doing so.
The permitted Legal Bases for processing are set out in article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever we process your personal data:
- Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, marketing)
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone's life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the Legal Bases outlined above we rely on to do so.
| Business Function
Why we use your Personal Information
Our Reasons (Legal Basis)
To supply you with professional services, consultancy and project management
To supply you managed mailboxes with spam and virus filtering
To list your phone numbers in the Phone Book
Who We Share Your Information With And Why
TS Technologies Limited works with a number of trusted suppliers to provide the high quality services you expect from us. In all cases our suppliers have been carefully vetted and only the minumum personal data is shared in order to fulfil your orders or provide the services you have requested.
We also have a legal obligation to share data in response to properly made requests from
- Law enforcement agencies - for the prevention and detection of a crime, for the purpose of safeguarding national security or when the law requires us to, such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand or powers contained in legislation.
- Regulatory bodies such as the Information Commissioner's Office and Ofcom.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep your data while you have an account with us, and sometimes for a longer period, depending on whether there are legal or regulatory reasons for doing so.
- Contact details, account details and payment history must be retained for seven years.
Transfers To Third Countries
At TS Technologies Limited your data is stored in our secure data centres which are located in the United Kingdom. Your information will not be transferred to a third country (defined under the GDPR as a country outside of the European Economic Area).
Keeping In Touch With You
We want to keep you updated about our new products, services and any special offers that may become available. We promise to never share your personal information with any third party marketing company.
You can opt-in or opt-out of receiving these messages at any time, by using the 'unsubscribe' link contained in our marketing emails.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right to be informed. Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This privacy notice fulfils that requirement.
- The right of access. All of the information we have about you can be requested at any time. Your personal information is available as a spreadsheet on request for data portability.
- The right to rectification, if you find an error in your data, please contact TS Technologies Limited Customer Services at email@example.com.
- The right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete personal data held on you. This does not apply if we have a legal reason for retaining it.
- The right to restrict processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to 'restrict processing of data'. This means we would need to secure your data but not otherwise use it. In practice this would involve suspending your account and therefore your access to our services.
- The right to data portability. You have a right to obtain some of the personal data we hold on you in a 'structured machine-readable' format. This information is available as a spreadsheet on request.
- The right to object. You have the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may wish to send you. You can change your marketing preferences by using the 'unsubscribe' link contained in our marketing emails.
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling. TS Technologies Limited does not apply any automated decision-making or profiling to any of your personal data.
If you have any questions about how TS Technologies Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Customer Services team on 01255 724940.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commisioner's Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk
The GDPR makes a distinction between organisations that process personal data for their own purposes, known as 'Data Controllers', and organisations that process personal data on behalf of other organisations, known as 'Data Processors'.
TS Technologies Limited is a Data Controller
Company Registration Number 05366379
TS Technologies Ltd
3 The Drive
"a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user's browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers."
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We recognise that transparency is an ongoing commitment, so we will keep this privacy notice under regular review.
This privacy notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.